Modified Pull Up
If you are a beginner, Modified Pull Ups are the best way to build strength as you work up to pull ups. This exercise uses about 30% of your body weight for resistance. Once you can do 10-15 reps this way, raise your feet on a chair to increase the resistance to about 60% of your body weight.
Exercise Type: BIG FOUR
Repetitions: 8 - 12
1. Hang the rings from your pull up bar.
2. Sit underneath the rings with your legs out in front of you.
3. Reach up to the grips. The rings should be high enough for you to fully extend your arms.
4. Pull yourself up leaving your feet on the ground.
5. Keep your upper body in an upright position like a pull up.
6. You can use your legs for assistance.
7. Lower yourself to the starting position.